I-MED Pharma’s I-PEN® Osmolarity System is the first quick, easy, and handheld device for optometrists to screen dry eye patients.
- Quantitative measurement of osmolarity
- Affordable point-of-care test
- Quick and simple to use (takes less than 5 seconds per eye)
- Reproducible, accurate and reliable results
- Uses Single-Use-Sensors (SUS)
The I-PEN measures tear osmolarity in a fast and effective way, aiding doctors in determining the best treatment for your eyes.
Tear osmolarity has been shown to have the best predictive value for diagnosing Dry Eye Disease of any single test.
The Doctor will test both eyes, and will take the highest number of the two tests, to generate Your Osmolarity Number.
Your Osmolarity Number gives doctors a meaningful measure of the health and stability of the protective tear film that covers the surface of your eyes. The number generated correlates with the severity of the disease.